Audio By Carbonatix
The two multi-weight world champions have been linked with a potential meeting for several years, with failed attempts to finalise a contest causing much frustration.
Earlier this week, Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, lamented the "deafening silence" from the Mayweather camp, but reiterated his ongoing desire to bring the two men together in a ring.
On Friday, the undefeated Mayweather hit back at Arum's claims and set a date for a fight with Pacquiao.
"I would love to fight Manny Pacquiao. I've been wanting that fight a long time ago. I've been waiting on them," said the American in an interview with Showtime.
"Floyd Mayweather is not dodging any opponent; Bob Arum is stopping the fight. We have been trying to make this fight happen behind the scenes for years now, but the fans and the people have been fooled because they have been listening to people from one side.
"Now is the time for us to talk. We want the fight. We are ready. Let's make it happen [on] May 2. Let's do it."
Mayweather went on to suggest Pacquiao was "desperate" following losses to Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012.
"I know he is not on my level," Mayweather added.
"The fans want to see the fight, [and] I want to go out with a bang."
Addressing Pacquiao and Arum, he continued: "You guys didn't want to do random blood testing, that's why it didn't happen. Then I offered you $40 million, and you didn't want to make the fight happen.
"You lost twice, now you're coming back begging for the same money. That's not gonna happen.
"Let's make this fight happen for the people, for the fans. Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao, May 2. See you."
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
34 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
48 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
49 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
1 hour -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
1 hour -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
1 hour -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
3 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
3 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
5 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
5 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours