McDan Aviation, a conglomerate of the McDan Group, has acquired cargo planes and sea trade vessels to support the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)’s implementation.
The acquisition follows the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between its CEO, Daniel McKorley, and the General Secretary of the AfCFTA Secretariat, Wamkeke Mene.
The signing of the MoU happened at the McDan Private Jet Terminal at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA).
This was revealed in a press statement issued by McDan Aviation.
“The CEO of the McDan Group, Dr Daniel McKorley, signed an MOU with the General Secretary of the AfCFTA Secretariat, Wamkeke Mene, to signify the start of a partnership which will facilitate trade among African countries.
“This historic activity happened at the launch of the AfCFTA Guided Trade Initiative in which took place at the McDan Private Jet Terminal.
“McDan Aviation acquired cargo planes and sea trade vessels to support the AfCFTA,” the statement said.
The Trades Minister, Alan Kyeremanten, at the event, also asked other businessmen to emulate same.
“At the event, Hon. Alan Kyeremanten, the Minister of Trade and Industry for Ghana, commended Dr McKorley for taking this initiative and encouraged Africans to celebrate this feat. He also encouraged other African businessmen to follow suit,” the release stated.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- We ‘neutralised’ 6 armed men in Bawku – GAF on allegations of killing 7 locals
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- NPP likely to hold presidential primaries in November
- Designer Paco Rabanne dies aged 88
- Nigerian singer Oxlade fined ₦5m over leaked sex tape
- Newmont Africa’s Akyem mine pays ¢184.6m as dividends to government
- Government urged to engage tenants more on National Rental Assistance Scheme
- January 2023 performance reflects investor sentiments – GSE
- New Porsche mistakenly put on sale at bargain price
- Yaw Dabo apologises for ‘lazy people watch movies’ comment
- Shatta Wale agrees for a collaboration with Pheelz’s on ‘Stand by you’
- Heart of Lions edge pass Akatsi All Stars to secure 3 vital points
- Communities to be rewarded for planting trees to reduce carbon emissions
- ‘Focus on God, attacks on pastors, ministries to be expected’ – Elvis Agyemang urged
- Enimil Ashon: Covid fund audit – NPP must demand a probe
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral