The Medical Director of the Dixcove Government Hospital in the Ahanta West Municipality of the Western Region has been robbed whilst he was performing surgery.
Dr. Nana Brobbey was reportedly robbed when he left his house to perform emergency surgery in the wee hours of Thursday.
Confirming the incident, the Ahanta West Health Director, Timothy Ofori, told Connect FM that he left his house to attend to the patient only to return to a raided room.
“He resides in the hospital, so around 1:00am, he had a call for an emergency he needed to attend to. He quickly went to save the life of the patient.
“After performing the surgery successfully, he came back to his house and realised that robbers have ransacked his room. He indicated that they made away with his laptop, mobile phones, and other personal belongings,” he indicated.
According to Mr. Ofori, this is not the first time Dr. Brobbey has been robbed.
“This is the third time the doctor has been robbed. He looked traumatised when I met him this morning.
“He is not even in the mood to serve again. This is a man who has left his family to serve us here in the Ahanta West District but look at what is happening to him,” he lamented.
Meanwhile, the Ahanta West Police Command has begun investigations into the robbery.
The Police Commander, ASP Valentine Akposu, assured that no stone will be left unturned until the perpetrators are brought to book.
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Barker-Vormawor trial: Court orders AG to provide security report on alleged treasonable activities
- I slept at the cemetery because it was peaceful and comfortable – Founder of Cultivating Minds Foundation
- Check out how your favourite celebrities showed up at Mona4Reall’s birthday party
- ¢5m payment to NDA contravenes PPA approval in alleged signature forgery in ¢10m case
- Chadwick Boseman died without a will. Now his wife and parents will share his estate
Arise Ghana Demo: 2 officers undergo surgery, 15 others receive treatment
Growing mob and violent mentality amongst youth worrying – Criminologist
Arise Ghana protestors granted bail
Pay cost of living allowances or face our wrath – GNAT tells government
Caught in Conflict: Procurement Specialist joins calls for probe into allegations
2022 CAF Awards: Ghana’s Kamaldeen Sulemana nominated for Young Player of the Year
Photos from one-sixteenth stage of Luv FM High School Debate
New GJA executives sworn into office
Dismissed PPA CEO explains the millions in his bank accounts
Man arrested for slapping MP at church in Uganda
Chinese builders unveil Zimbabwe’s new parliament
Joy FM’s Animwaa Anim-Addo ties the knot
Check out how your favourite celebrities showed up at Mona4Reall’s birthday party
Black Galaxies coach Annor Walker targets CHAN trophy
Asante Kotoko in talks with Fabio Gama over contract extension