Absa Premiership side Bloemfontein Celtic on Sunday announced the axing of former Kotoko coach Ernst Middendorp after a string of poor results.
The club said in a statement that, unfortunately, positive results were not forthcoming and both parties deemed it appropriate to mutually terminate the contract.
The Free State-based side revealed that former coach, Clinton Larsen will immediately take over as head coach with his first assignment against Mpumalanga Black Aces on Wednesday. He will be assisted by the club's former greats, Lehlohonolo Seema and Simon Gopane as the goalkeeper coach.
Phunya Selesele have been struggling for sometimes and are currently positioned 10th after fifteen matches, having won only four, drawn five and losing six.
The club also announced that Middendorp's assistants, Fadlu Davids and goalkeeper coach Ronnie Kanalelo, will also be no longer part of the club.
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Police and NCA officers shut down Nana Agradaa’s Thunder TV, Ice1 TV
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD
National Bee Keepers Association laments ‘lukewarm attention’ towards beekeeping
China willing to help India in Covid-19 fight
IPPs chamber applauds Energy Minister for his candour and readiness to solve energy problems
Cape Coast North NPP fights MP over ‘false’ claims of securing 3 road contracts
Scabies outbreak hits Effiduase as health authorities struggle to contain it
Google and Apple attacked on app store ‘monopoly’
Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
AMA ejects illegal occupants at Independence Avenue Cluster of Schools
Economic Freedom Fighters resists government’s mandatory tow levy
Jaguar Land Rover to suspend production due to chip shortages