Mikel Arteta has been named Premier League manager of the month for September after guiding Arsenal to three straight victories.
The Gunners beat Norwich, Burnley and local rivals Tottenham to climb out of the relegation zone after starting the season with three defeats in a row.
“It’s a great feeling, it means we went on a good run and won matches,” said Arteta, 39.
Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo won the player of the month award.
Ronaldo, 36, scored three goals in his first two league games after returning to United from Juventus.
Arteta’s Arsenal now sit 11th in the table after drawing their last game with Brighton and he added that the award is “about the people involved, the people who work with me and how grateful I am to have them”.
The Spaniard beat Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola, Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp, Brighton’s Graham Potter and Aston Villa’s Dean Smith to the award.
Arteta, who made 150 appearances during a five-year spell as an Arsenal player, was appointed Unai Emery’s successor in December 2019 and led the club to the FA Cup five months later.
Arsenal, who have finished eighth in each of the past two Premier League seasons, return to action on 18 October against Crystal Palace, who are managed by former Gunners captain Patrick Vieira.
Ronaldo beat Manchester City’s Joao Cancelo, Chelsea’s Antonio Rudiger, Newcastle’s Allan Saint-Maximin, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and Watford’s Ismaila Sarr to win the players’ award.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- GPLwk3: Amankwah rescues Hearts in Super Clash, Legon Cities win in Tamale again
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- We refuse to admit that Black Stars’ glory days are no more – Jerome Otchere
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- Government keen on local production for jobs and wealth creation – Deputy Trade Minister affirms
- Suspected notorious kidnapper arrested in Nigeria
- Shinzo Abe: Why a state funeral for slain ex-PM is controversial
- Ernest Kofi Boateng: Police involvement in civil matters; a case of ‘di wo fie asem’
- Uganda medical workers strike at Ebola hospital
- Law Society of Ghana pays courtesy call on Speaker
- ‘Every player wants to write their name in World Cup history’ – Andre Ayew
- ‘Afcon fiasco was a wake up call for Ghana’ -Andre Ayew
- Amount involved in full bailout of Liquidated Fund Management Firms hits ₵3.65bn – BoG
- Recognise effort of investors – Kwesi Ernest tells artistes
- ‘I want to win the AFCON or World Cup for Ghana’-Andre Ayew
- Foreign investors own ₵31.7bn of Ghana’s debt securities on GSE
- RTI: Requesting information sometimes difficult because public servants are stuck to their old ways – Dr Adjin-Tettey
- Super Clash: Fans want Samuel Boadu’s head, threaten to storm Hearts’ training grounds
- Ghana’s economy to take almost 6 years before full recovery – Professor Bokpin