Audio By Carbonatix
The General Secretary of former Premier League side Prestea Mine Stars, Mr Anthony Ackerson, has said it is regrettable that even though this year’s Middle League was promised to be fair, the contrary has been the case so far.
He said it is disheartening and disappointing at the way matches are being handled by some referees especially Class One referee John Atta Kesse of Koforidua.
The General Secretary said this in a press release after the Mines Stars encounter against Kessben FC at Koforidua last Sunday when the referee showed a red card to a Mine Stars striker, Prince Yeboah after consulting his assistant referee.
He alleged that the Kessben F/C goalkeeper was rolling on the ground and Yeboah rushed only to help him stand up or console him but that rather attracted the referee’s red card.
The release said after that incident, almost all the fouls committed were against Mine Stars with the referee showing four (4) yellow cards which apparently were meant to demoralize the players of Mine Stars.
He said to add insult to injury, the referee awarded a doubtful penalty in favour of Kessben F/C which attracted condemnation from the public.
The release said the referee’s behaviour was glaringly in support of Kessben, adding that this is not good for the development of the game as it will rather tarnish the image and competence of good referees.
Mr Ackerson said Management of Prestea Mine Stars is therefore reporting the behaviour of the referee to the Ghana Football Association and the Referees Association of Ghana to sanction him so as to improve the image of refereeing in the country.
The Management of Mines Stars are also protesting to the Ghana Football Association at the outcome of the match played between Kessben F/C last Sunday at Koforidua for the match not fairly officiated.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Russian sex video: Diplomacy alone not enough, Ghana must reinforce internal security – Effia MP
4 minutes -
GHS condemns attacks on staff, pledges enhanced security measures
11 minutes -
Ghana must strengthen cybersecurity amid online exploitation concerns – Gloria Amenu
34 minutes -
Demand TikTok remove explicit videos of victims – Gloria Amenu urges gov’t
1 hour -
Gender Ministry must provide psychological care for exploited women – Gloria Amenu
1 hour -
Trump lashes out at Supreme Court justices over tariffs ruling
2 hours -
Refrain from mass marketing or public promotional campaigns on virtual assets – BoG to VASPs
3 hours -
Government bans land transit of cooking oil; orders crackdown on customs complicity
3 hours -
NPA engages industry stakeholders on 24-hour economy pilot in petroleum sector
4 hours -
Ablakwa outlines key bilateral agreements with Burkina Faso to boost trade, security and border cooperation
4 hours -
Ghana, Burkina Faso deepen security ties after terrorists kill 8 Ghanaians in Titao
5 hours -
Luv FM launches 7th edition of Primary Schools Quiz; pupils urged to embrace Ghanaian culture
5 hours -
Nollywood star Michael Dappa stuns fans with big chop ahead of new film role
5 hours -
NPA slams gas ‘shortage’ rumours; assures over one month’s cover
6 hours -
BoG, SEC order the removal of all crypto billboards within 48 hours
6 hours
