The Corporate Communications Team of MTN Ghana hosted PR professionals of Women in PR Ghana on 8 March 2023 as part of celebrations to mark this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD).
Themed “Digital: Embracing Innovation and Technology as PR Women” the event saw MTN’s Corporate Communications Team engage and interact with over 40 young professionals from Women in PR Ghana, a professional networking organisation committed to educating, mentoring, and empowering female PR professionals and students.
The panel discussion, which was moderated by Lorrencia Adam Nkrumah, Communications Coordinator at Barry Callebaut had panellists including Gina Asare Fiagbenu – Senior Manager, Corporate Communications; Efua Falconer – Manager, Corporate Communications; Afua Serwaa Asafo-Adjei – Communication Advisor-Media Relations, Olivia Mifetu – Internal Communications and Sophia Tandoh – Regulatory Advisor at MTN Ghana.
Commenting on the significance of IWD and hosting PR professionals, Gina Asare Fiagbenu said it was vital for seasoned PR professionals to mentor, nurture and empower the next generation of female professionals to take up the reins of leadership in Ghana’s Public Relations industry.
She said, “Over the years, the Public Relations industry has seen remarkable growth and advancement and as the profession continues to evolve and the younger generation explores careers in Public Relations and Communications, we need to push it forward by mentoring and nurturing them.
“With the advent of innovation and technology, the profession has become more exciting and interesting and opened up new frontiers. Technology continues to help us do better and work more effectively and efficiently as PR professionals.”
She admonished the younger generation to leverage the growing opportunities within the digital world to learn and prepare themselves for the world of work.
Founder of Women in PR Ghana, Faith Senam Ocloo said the event was an opportunity for young PR professionals to learn from seasoned practitioners who have set the pace in the PR profession.
She said it is good to learn from the best and express gratitude to MTN for opening its doors to them. She urged young and aspiring professionals to be willing to learn and serve.
Discussions focused on the critical role the Corporate Communications team plays in MTN, managing work-life balance, building a PR career, navigating conflicts, issues management, embracing and leveraging technology and innovation in PR, leadership, managing crisis, and media relations, among others.
The team also recognized the value MTN plays in Public Relations and the significant contributions MTN has made towards investing and supporting their work.
The MTN panel noted that the overarching theme of the 2023 International Women’s Day falls right in line with MTN’s Ambition 2025 strategy of leading digital solutions for Africa’s progress and how they are leveraging the power of innovation, technology, innovative Public Relations trends, and digital touchpoints to enhance reputation management and to engage with customers in today’s digital world.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mining companies
- AFCON 2023Q: I just want to be effective for the team – Antoine Semenyo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, March 24, 2023
- Mahama and other NDC flagbearer aspirants to be vetted next week
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton calls for efficiency after winning start
- Government needs to ensure enough public tax education – Prof. Ebo Turkson
- Government needs to block revenue leakages -Prof. Ebo Turkson
- Ghana should move beyond using tax incentives to attract investment – Prof. Turkson
- New tax measures deepening the tax net, not widening it – Dr. Ali Nakyea