Multiple award-winning Senegalese-American musician, Akon has revealed his intentions of venturing into politics.
The American superstar, in an interview with Joy News, said he thought politics wasn’t for everyone and that he told himself he was never going to do politics.
He, however, said that the more he got involved in politics, talking to other presidents, the more he realised how much the energy of people like him is needed in politics.
“A lot of things we want to change, a lot of things we want to happen differently but it can’t happen if we are not in there or part of making that change,” he stated.
“You have got to be in the politics, you have got to be in the room when decisions are being made to make a difference so I realised that. I think my future priority will be politics eventually,” he added.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘gave her all’ to her marriage with Kanye West