Finally, the finals are upon us. It has been quite the ride. This year has been one of the most unpredictable and the finals seem poised to be more of the same. Game 1 will be on Thursday between the Golden State Warriors and the Boston Celtics. Here are 3 things to look out for.
Finals MVP: The great Steph Curry will be playing in his 6th finals in just 8 years. Universally accepted as the greatest shooter of all time and one of the greatest point guards ever. He has won multiple MVPs (regular season) and scoring titles. He however has a glaring omission on his resume, no final MVPs! For a player of his calibre going into his 6th finals, it’s quite rare. In 2015 he lost out to surprise winner Andre Igoudala. In 2017 and 2018 Kevin Durant took the honours. Curry might not admit it but he would be eyeing that trophy. Expect him to come out all guns blazing.
Jason Tatum: The young Boston Celtic has realized potential right before our eyes. With a victory, he would have made his mentor Kobe Bryant more than proud. At just the tender age of 24, he would have led the Celtics to their record 18th championship. He has gone toe to toe with greats such as Kevin Durant, Giannis and Jimmy Butler. If he could knock off Steph Curry it would be one of the more impressive runs in NBA playoff history. He has undoubtedly cemented himself as one of the superstars of the NBA today. A strong final showing would add to his lore.
Worthy Finals: Your favourite team or player might not have made it this far (including yours truly Toronto Raptors!). However, every basketball fan would admit this is a match up worthy of a final. Both teams are top 5 in defensive and offensive ratings. They have been clearly the superior team of each respective conference. They both have solid rotations with interchangeable pieces. They both have top-level coaches. They both have star power. All indications are that this will be a long drawn out NBA finals. With the potential to go to a classic game 7.
Writers Prediction: Boston Celtics victorious in 7 games.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group