The Bureau of National investigations (BNI) has released on bail Ghanaian-Lebanese Pilot and Author, Fadi Daboussie on Sunday.
The BNI picked up Mr. Dabboussie around midday on Friday upon arrival from an Egypt Air flight from Lebanon.
The BNI has not released a statement on the arrest, however, Joy News sources say Mr. Dabboussie was arrested because he has consistently made offensive and scalding comments against President John Mahama in articles.
In one of such articles, Mr. Dabboussie is said to have claimed that the President has impregnated one of the daughters of Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
His Lawyer, Hassan Tampuli, says his client does not deny writing articles and stands by them.
Mr. Dabboussie is believed to be a sympathizer of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP), and a book he launched recently titled ‘59 years of Ghana to Nowhere: The future is Now,’ is President Mahama.
The story first broke on social media, where it was revealed that Mr. Dabboussi’s house was ransacked and all copies of the books taken. The BNI has since returned the books.
Hassan Tampoli said on Sunday at about 5:45 am, operatives of the BNI returned to the residence of Mr. Dabboussie without a search warrant but they were given access to the property.
Some opposition NPP sympathizers and human rights activists have condemned the act on social media, claiming the action by the BNI is arbitrary.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding
- Where is hot in February? The 10 best holiday destinations
- Adopt latest Agric technology to combat climate change - Legacy Crop Centre CEO
- Reject party militia of all forms - Assemblies of God's rallying call
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image