Two incubators, five patient monitors and two portable ultrasound machines have been donated to support the Save A Child Save A Mother campaign spearheaded by First Lady, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo in partnership with The Multimedia Group.
Three major donations were made Friday by three different entities towards the campaign to help save more lives at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
The Kokrooko Charities led my ace broadcaster Kwami Sefa Kayi, was the first to redeem a pledge of two incubators made at the first fundraiser in Accra.
Presenting the items, Mr. Sefa Kayi believed the equipment, worth $20,000, will save more lives.
Life Care Technology, led by its General Manager Bishoy Foaud presented patient monitors to help observe vital signs of patients.
First Lady receives donation from Bishoy Foaud
Mindray Company also presented 2 portable ultrasound machines in support of the project.
First lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo was pleased with the show of love and support towards the Save A Child Save A Mother Project.
The Save-A-Child, Save-A-Mother campaign was organised by the First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo and the Multimedia Group Limited, to raise funds for the construction of a new maternity and mother and baby unit for the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital to help reduce the congestion there as government mobilises funds to complete the over 40-year-old close to 1000 bed facility.
This campaign was inspired by Joy News' Seth Kwame Boateng's Special Assignment documentary, Next To Die, which highlights the needless deaths of women and babies at KATH.
The project undertaken by the First Lady to save lives of mothers and their babies had funds raised to hit the target GH₵10m to construct a new maternity, mother and baby unit for KATH.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester