A 42-year-old teacher has been put before an Accra Circuit Court for having sex with a 15-year old female student at James Town in Accra.
Henry Tagoe, charged with defilement pleaded not guilty.
The court presided over by Mrs Abena Oppong Adjin Doku admitted Tagoe to bail in the sum of ¢50,000 with two sureties to reappear on May 4.
Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire, the prosecution said the complainant is the victim’s mother and resides in James Town with the victim.
Chief Inspector Atimbire said Tagoe is a teacher residing at Chorkor and that during the year 2017, the victim was then a Junior High School Student whiles Tagoe taught Ga Language in the victim’s school.
The prosecution said Tagoe befriended the victim and sometimes accompany her to her house after weekend classes.
In September, last year, Tagoe visited the victim in her area and took her to an obscure place and had sexual intercourse with her on a concrete slab and warned her not to inform anyone.
The Prosecution said in January this year the victim now in Senior High School began smoking Indian hemp upon which she named Tagoe as the one who taught her how to smoke.
The victim whose behaviour changes anytime she smokes the Indian hemp confided in a female teacher about her ordeal.
The prosecution said the teacher informed the victim’s mother of the incident and a report was made to the Domestic Violence and Victim’s Support Unit of the Ghana Police Service in Accra.
A medical report form was issued to the victim to seek medical attention and later Tagoe was arrested by the Police.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine