A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Drug Law Enforcement Unit of the Ghana Police Service in the Eastern Region, for allegedly possessing narcotic drugs suspected to be wee.
The suspect, Iddrisu Yakubu, was arrested with two fertiliser sacks containing 44 compressed slabs mixed with dried cassava populary known as 'Konkonte'.
Regional police PRO,DSP Ebenezer Tetteh said , Police acting upon intelligence, arrested the suspect with the exhibits in a Hyundai H100 passenger car with registration number GN 553-14 from Nkurakan heading towards Koforidua, the Regional Capital.
According to him, the suspect during interrogation, admitted ownership of the exhibits and mentioned one Teye Eric of Huhunya as his supplier.
The driver of the commercial vehicle carrying the exhibits, Isaac Narh was asked to report to assist investigation.
Meanwhile, DSP Tetteh says, the suspect has been detained to assist police trace and apprehend the said supplier while the exhibits have been forwarded to forensic laboratory for examination.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Father pulls son out of school so he can focus on video games full time
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert