A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Drug Law Enforcement Unit of the Ghana Police Service in the Eastern Region, for allegedly possessing narcotic drugs suspected to be wee.
The suspect, Iddrisu Yakubu, was arrested with two fertiliser sacks containing 44 compressed slabs mixed with dried cassava populary known as 'Konkonte'.
Regional police PRO,DSP Ebenezer Tetteh said , Police acting upon intelligence, arrested the suspect with the exhibits in a Hyundai H100 passenger car with registration number GN 553-14 from Nkurakan heading towards Koforidua, the Regional Capital.
According to him, the suspect during interrogation, admitted ownership of the exhibits and mentioned one Teye Eric of Huhunya as his supplier.
The driver of the commercial vehicle carrying the exhibits, Isaac Narh was asked to report to assist investigation.
Meanwhile, DSP Tetteh says, the suspect has been detained to assist police trace and apprehend the said supplier while the exhibits have been forwarded to forensic laboratory for examination.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- I don’t know why my men wore masks - SWAT Commander Azugu
- 'My boys overacted' – SWAT commander tells Short Commission
- Komla Dumor family outlines 5th-anniversary plans
- 6 new districts to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, February 18, 2019
- Ghana Publishing Company, KNUST sign deal to promote research, skills dev’t
- Ghanaian engineers urge gov’t to intensify investment in technology, innovation
- GIS to begin nationwide crackdown on landlords renting out to ‘illegal residents’
- Top UK high schools to recruit students, footballers in Ghana
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- 5 best trips for solo travellers
- UN experts urge govt to ensure justice for slain Ahmed
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court