A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Drug Law Enforcement Unit of the Ghana Police Service in the Eastern Region, for allegedly possessing narcotic drugs suspected to be wee.
The suspect, Iddrisu Yakubu, was arrested with two fertiliser sacks containing 44 compressed slabs mixed with dried cassava populary known as 'Konkonte'.
Regional police PRO,DSP Ebenezer Tetteh said , Police acting upon intelligence, arrested the suspect with the exhibits in a Hyundai H100 passenger car with registration number GN 553-14 from Nkurakan heading towards Koforidua, the Regional Capital.
According to him, the suspect during interrogation, admitted ownership of the exhibits and mentioned one Teye Eric of Huhunya as his supplier.
The driver of the commercial vehicle carrying the exhibits, Isaac Narh was asked to report to assist investigation.
Meanwhile, DSP Tetteh says, the suspect has been detained to assist police trace and apprehend the said supplier while the exhibits have been forwarded to forensic laboratory for examination.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghana not prepared for looming earthquake – Geological service
- Part of Kumasi City Mall ceiling collapses
- Gold-obsessed man wears 13kg of the metal wherever he goes
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
- MPs advocate for revival of Maths, Science and Technology scholarship
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Notorious robbery kingpins jailed 176 years
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme
- Hanna Tetteh gets new UN post, heads UN Office at AU
- Curfew imposed at Bole over deadly chieftaincy clashes
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint