Some unknown assailants have attacked and butchered a farmer at a spot between Tomfokrom and Nsuta in the Bosome Freho district of Ashanti Region.
The 59-year-old man identified only as Obodai, was sending his ward to school when he was attacked on Friday, November 9.
According to reports from Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor, the farmer takes his son to the only school in Nsuta every morning.
His lifeless body was found on a bushy road with machete wounds to the head, shoulders, arms and other parts of the body.
Obodai’s motorbike and the boy’s school bag were found lying close to him.
The 18-year old son of the farmer was found after residents in the community mounted a search for him.
He had also sustained machete wounds and was barely breathing. The boy was rushed to the hospital on a motorcycle by one of the residents.
Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor stated the road between Tomfokrom and Nsuta is very bushy and unsafe for use.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police pick up 33 suspects in Kumasi market fires
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians
- Christ, your risen Lord is your lawyer, how can you fail? - Aps. Mike Etrue
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University