Some unknown assailants have attacked and butchered a farmer at a spot between Tomfokrom and Nsuta in the Bosome Freho district of Ashanti Region.
The 59-year-old man identified only as Obodai, was sending his ward to school when he was attacked on Friday, November 9.
According to reports from Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor, the farmer takes his son to the only school in Nsuta every morning.
His lifeless body was found on a bushy road with machete wounds to the head, shoulders, arms and other parts of the body.
Obodai’s motorbike and the boy’s school bag were found lying close to him.
The 18-year old son of the farmer was found after residents in the community mounted a search for him.
He had also sustained machete wounds and was barely breathing. The boy was rushed to the hospital on a motorcycle by one of the residents.
Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor stated the road between Tomfokrom and Nsuta is very bushy and unsafe for use.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- ‘Sack Ursula’: MP urges after ‘rude’ letter to BoG Secretary
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance