Engineers constructing the Tema Motorway have announced new traffic diversions as phase two of the project begins.
A statement from the Ghana Highways Authority said traffic from Akosombo to Tema Harbour Road and Akosombo to Accra are all being diverted effective Sunday, October 21, 2018.
Diana Seade, spokesperson for the GHA stated that “the team arrived at the diversion points at 9 am to make sure the operative traffic diversions are used.”
Aerial view of the old Tema Motorway
In July 2018, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia cut the sod for works to begin on the Grade Separation of the Tema Motorway Intersection as part of the Improvement of Ghanaian International Road Corridors project.
The project, according to the Roads Minister, Kwasi Amoako-Attah, was part of a larger undertaking to open up the road connection between Accra and the port city of Tema as well as open arterial roads within Tema.
The Motorway forms an integral part of the Trans-Africa Highway, stretching from Lagos through Lomé, Accra, and Abidjan to Dakar, and effectively serves as the junction to the Sub-region.
To ease movement of vehicles, Ms Seade said the appropriate signs have been provided to help direct traffic, anticipating for a successful change in traffic diversions.
“The diversions only affect the Akosombo road towards Accra and the Tema harbour road,” she explained.
The GHA spokesperson called for the corporation of all individuals to ensure the smooth running of the process.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI