The Police say they have discovered the whereabouts of three girls kidnapped last year at Takoradi and are closer to bringing them home.
“We know where the girls are,” the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department, DCOP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah told reporters Tuesday.
She appealed to families of the victims to “keep on keeping on.” The families have been desperate for news of their daughters and their whereabouts since Priscilla Bentum was kidnapped in August 2018 – the first of the three kidnappings.
Two more girls were grabbed in December before the story grabbed nationwide attention. Joy News has launched a #bringbackourTaadigirls campaign.
A suspect in the case, a Nigerian named Samuel Udoetuk Wills was assaulted in and outside court the last time he appeared March 4, 2019.
Photo: Samuel Udoetuk Wills [R] needed police protection in court. But it was not enough to stop an assault on him.
The CID boss while confident of wrapping up the saga also urged patience assuring the public, “they are safe...very soon they will be brought back home”.
She declined to give details of their location, explaining “we don’t want to compromise their safety”.
But Rebecca Quayson, a sister to one of the victims cast doubt about the police’ assurances. “I don’t believe it”, she told JoyNews Midday.
She explained, her mother was on the phone with DCOP Tiwaa Addo-Danquah only yesterday. Rebecca Quayson said during the entire conversation, none of the disclosures at the press conference was relayed to the desperate woman.
She demanded to hear at least the voice of his sister as proof of progress otherwise they will just have to wait until they see their sister “face to face.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhunt for chief who allegedly kidnapped another chief
- CID exonerates Bissue in Anas exposé
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 22, 2019
- IGP, CID boss face court today over Afoko bail brouhaha
- T'di residents laud introduction of cylinder re-circulation model
- New technique promises to ease teaching, learning of mathematics
- Education Ministry clarifies position on reposting SHS teachers with distance degrees
- U.S. weather service bakes biscuits in hot car
- 5 African countries that promise the best honeymoon money can buy
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked