Have you ever felt the need to be alone with your thoughts? And wished you had a box to put over your head to really allow you to think? With an accompanying stool to sit on while you do said thinking?
Well, the above is finally achievable for a mere $650.
An online British store, The Form Emporium, is selling a "thought box" for the princely sum of £495 ($646).
What's a thought box, you ask?
Why, it's exactly what it sounds like: a box, to help you think.
Specifically, it's a black box made from card and fabric that you place over your head.
According to the website, it's "intended as a personal space in which to simply think" and has been designed to "promote mental efficiency in the user."
If you thought the price sounded a bit steep for what is essentially a black cardboard box, you'll be pleased to know there's more to the box than immediately meets the eye.
It has an adjustable internal plastic helmet and comes with earplugs, interchangeable coloured filters ("choose a filter to suit your mood"), and of course, the essential stool.
The website also says that the thought box "is sold from a limited edition stock of 10 units," so you'll have to act fast if you want to get your hands on one (top tip: it's available from Not On The High Street for £100 ($131) cheaper at £395 or $515).
After the box was shared on Twitter by the radio show, Jeremy Vine On 5, many people expressed their confusion by the product.
"Are you having a laugh!" one woman asked.
Not On The High Street is selling this "Thought Box" for £395 - with the idea being when you need to think, you sit on the stool and put the box on your head to gather your thoughts.— Jeremy Vine On 5 (@JeremyVineOn5) January 21, 2019
Hmm... are you tempted to get one?! #jeremyvine pic.twitter.com/wttnDnrzUz
"The loo always proved just as effective," added another.
"Will give you chance to reflect on how dim you are to waste that kinda money," someone else said.
And many people questioned whether April Fools' Day had come early this year.
What do you get for the person who has everything? A thought box, apparently.
Neither The Form Emporium nor Not On The High Street immediately responded to our request for comment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor
- No arrests made in fatal Achimota clashes
- CAMFED echos call for more action against teenage pregnancy
- Catholic Bishop wants to drop holy water out of a helicopter in mass exorcism
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Worldwide displacement tops 70m - UN urges solidarity in response
- ‘Show us this idiot’: Nigerian community wants to meet suspect in missing Taadi girls case
- High court backs NCA’s 45km maximum coverage radius for radio stations
- Black & Abroad founders encourage African Americans to visit their ancestral continent