Have you ever felt the need to be alone with your thoughts? And wished you had a box to put over your head to really allow you to think? With an accompanying stool to sit on while you do said thinking?
Well, the above is finally achievable for a mere $650.
An online British store, The Form Emporium, is selling a "thought box" for the princely sum of £495 ($646).
What's a thought box, you ask?
Why, it's exactly what it sounds like: a box, to help you think.
Specifically, it's a black box made from card and fabric that you place over your head.
According to the website, it's "intended as a personal space in which to simply think" and has been designed to "promote mental efficiency in the user."
If you thought the price sounded a bit steep for what is essentially a black cardboard box, you'll be pleased to know there's more to the box than immediately meets the eye.
It has an adjustable internal plastic helmet and comes with earplugs, interchangeable coloured filters ("choose a filter to suit your mood"), and of course, the essential stool.
The website also says that the thought box "is sold from a limited edition stock of 10 units," so you'll have to act fast if you want to get your hands on one (top tip: it's available from Not On The High Street for £100 ($131) cheaper at £395 or $515).
After the box was shared on Twitter by the radio show, Jeremy Vine On 5, many people expressed their confusion by the product.
"Are you having a laugh!" one woman asked.
Not On The High Street is selling this "Thought Box" for £395 - with the idea being when you need to think, you sit on the stool and put the box on your head to gather your thoughts.
Hmm... are you tempted to get one?! #jeremyvine pic.twitter.com/wttnDnrzUz— Jeremy Vine On 5 (@JeremyVineOn5) January 21, 2019
"The loo always proved just as effective," added another.
"Will give you chance to reflect on how dim you are to waste that kinda money," someone else said.
And many people questioned whether April Fools' Day had come early this year.
What do you get for the person who has everything? A thought box, apparently.
Neither The Form Emporium nor Not On The High Street immediately responded to our request for comment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- ‘God is in control’ of Akufo-Addo’s cleanest city promise – Minister
- Ghanaian firm offers to supply timber to rebuild Notre Dame
- MTN rescue Agogo Nhyiaeso pupils, teachers from collapsing school building
- Ghana less safe for journalists - Reporters Without Borders
- Stopping vigilantism requires full arsenal of conflict prevention - Ibn Chambas
- Islam, Christianity have more similarities than differences – Bawumia
- Remove barriers stopping introduction of GMOs – Graduate farmers tell gov't
- Akufo-Addo launches new cash crop programme
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas
- Jailbreak: Convict, suspects escape from police cell