Have you ever felt the need to be alone with your thoughts? And wished you had a box to put over your head to really allow you to think? With an accompanying stool to sit on while you do said thinking?
Well, the above is finally achievable for a mere $650.
An online British store, The Form Emporium, is selling a "thought box" for the princely sum of £495 ($646).
What's a thought box, you ask?
Why, it's exactly what it sounds like: a box, to help you think.
Specifically, it's a black box made from card and fabric that you place over your head.
According to the website, it's "intended as a personal space in which to simply think" and has been designed to "promote mental efficiency in the user."
If you thought the price sounded a bit steep for what is essentially a black cardboard box, you'll be pleased to know there's more to the box than immediately meets the eye.
It has an adjustable internal plastic helmet and comes with earplugs, interchangeable coloured filters ("choose a filter to suit your mood"), and of course, the essential stool.
The website also says that the thought box "is sold from a limited edition stock of 10 units," so you'll have to act fast if you want to get your hands on one (top tip: it's available from Not On The High Street for £100 ($131) cheaper at £395 or $515).
After the box was shared on Twitter by the radio show, Jeremy Vine On 5, many people expressed their confusion by the product.
"Are you having a laugh!" one woman asked.
Not On The High Street is selling this "Thought Box" for £395 - with the idea being when you need to think, you sit on the stool and put the box on your head to gather your thoughts.
Hmm... are you tempted to get one?! #jeremyvine pic.twitter.com/wttnDnrzUz— Jeremy Vine On 5 (@JeremyVineOn5) January 21, 2019
"The loo always proved just as effective," added another.
"Will give you chance to reflect on how dim you are to waste that kinda money," someone else said.
And many people questioned whether April Fools' Day had come early this year.
What do you get for the person who has everything? A thought box, apparently.
Neither The Form Emporium nor Not On The High Street immediately responded to our request for comment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 9 more declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong
- Some videos of Ayawaso by-election violence doctored – Witness
- By-election violence: Masked security men came to check party militia - National Security
- Ghanaian scammers are unemployed, intelligent - EOCO
- Portion of major Kumasi to Accra highway to be closed for repairs
- 3 workers die after electrocution in Kyebi
- Gov’t reviews traffic regulations to improve road transport