Chief of Effutu Zongo in the Central Region, has written a strongly-worded letter to the Vice Chancellor of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW), Prof Anthony Afful-Broni.
Salaki Sulemana Salaga IV has alleged, among other things, that Prof Afful-Broni was behind the confusion at the university.
The letter to the UEW Vice Chancellor, according to Salaki Sulemana Salaga IV, had bee necessitated by a series of articles by one Alhassan Salifu Bawa, said to be a lecturer at the university.
The articles by Mr Bawa, the Zongo chief claims, attack the Member of Parliament of Effutu Constituency, Alexander Afenyo Markin, seek to sabotage the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) and are sanctioned by Prof Afful-Broni.
“It is so clear that Bawa is doing your bidding the reason you haven’t found the need to discipline him much against your purported avowed principle as a disciplinarian,” the Zongo chief stated in the letter
Salaki Sulemana Salaga IV said it was unfortunate for Mr Afenyo-Markin’s image to be consistently attacked by the lecturer because it through his efforts that Prof Afful-Broni was made Vice Chancellor.
Read the Zongo chief’s full letter below.
Meanwhile, National Security Minister, Albert Kan Dapaah, has waded into the matter.
He has written to the said lecturer purported to be bad mouthing the MP.
Read Mr Kan Dapaah’s letter too below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse
- TUC backs plan to restructure NIB, ADB
- Forestry Commission bans hunting, capturing of wild animals
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Meet the Ekumfi man putting books on library shelves
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan