The Marketing and Public Affairs Manager at the Tema Port, Josephine Asante, has been stabbed to death at her residence at community 25 in Tema.
The incident according to a source at Ghana Ports and Harbour Authority (GPHA), occurred last night after the deceased had returned from a Senior Staff party.
Madam Asante is alleged to have been attacked in her bedroom soon after she returned from the party on Saturday night.
The source at GPHA noted that after the gory attack, the attacker or attackers locked her inside her bedroom and threw the keys unto the compound.
Occupants of the house according to sources, are said to have discovered the body in the morning after they saw the keys to the deceased’s bedroom on the compound.
“The deceased’s child and other occupants of the house in the morning found the keys to her bedroom on the compound and upon opening the room they found her in a pool of blood. The children raised an alarm which drew some neighbours to the scene”.
It is however not clear who is behind the attack and the exact time the incident might have occurred, as the deceased’s child and other occupants of the house did not notice her arrival to the house after the party.
Though the deceased’s laptop computer, phones, jewellery and other important accessories were exposed, the assailant did not take anything.
The deceased’s 12-year-old son has, however, been moved from the house by the management of GPHA.
Some staff of GPHA have trooped to the residence of the deceased as management is working with the police to convey the body to the morgue for the commencement of investigations into the incident.
More News Headlines
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa