The Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), Dr Lydia Dsane-Selby says measures are underway to link the NHIS card to the National Identification Card (Ghana Card).
In an interview with Joy News to announce the details of the NHIS Week to be commemorated from Monday, November 9, she said the initiative is to allow subscribers to use the cards interchangeably when seeking healthcare.
She noted that Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia will give more details of the integration when the NHIS Week is launched on Monday under the theme: “Leaving No One Behind”.
“We will teach people how to use their mobile phones to link their Ghana Card to their National Health Insurance so that when they are going to the hospital they can make use of their Ghana card as well.
“All these arrangements is what’s underway. So from next week everybody should be looking out for us because we will engage you people the whole week to help improve the health system in the country”.
The NHIA boss also noted that as part of the week-long activities, citizens will be enlightened on the importance of having an NHIS card.
She stressed that the contribution of all Ghanaians is important in order to strengthen the country’s health system.
“Our health is very important and the Ghana Health Insurance can help achieve that so let us all get involved and use health insurance to work,” she added.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming
Libya: Gunmen storm hotel used as Presidential Council HQ
Covid-19: Roll-out for second doses to begin May 19
Over 130 injured as Palestinian worshippers clash with Israeli police at Al-Aqsa mosque
Stephen Bernard Donkor: Politicians must fix their attitudes
Pensioner in BBC Africa Eye film dies without pension
Christ Embassy Church members plead not guilty to breaching restrictions on public gathering
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West