Audio By Carbonatix
The electoral committee of the Nigeria football federation headed by Amoni Biambo has been accused of hoarding electoral forms and favouring certain candidates, as the August 26 NFF elections fast approaches.
Some disgruntled aspirants for positions in the next NFF board have been speaking on the condition of anonymity of how it has been impossible for them to obtain election forms from the electoral committee.
Of course, it hasn’t been plain sailing for Nigerian football over the last month, with crisis rocking the
Nigeria football federation, eventually culminating in a FIFA suspension, and then the impeachment of Aminu Maigari as president of the Nigeria Football Federation.
One aspirant said, “It has been difficult to get the forms and it is clear that they are working on a script. Some individuals are being favoured because those individuals have since gotten their forms whereas people like me are yet to get it,” he said.
Similarly, executive board member of the present NFF board and also a member of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Suleiman Kwande have expressed disappointment at the development.
He said, “I haven’t got the form and you can imagine how difficult it will be for some other person out there who wants to purchase the form also.
“Despite me being a member of the current board, and also a serving member of the Federal House of Representatives, it has been difficult,” he Monday morning.
No official reasons have been given for the delay in the release of the forms, but insinuations are rife that ‘certain elements’ are being ‘prevented’ from winning seats into the glass house.
The date for the elections remain unchanged as communicated by the NFF, but will now hold in Nigeria’s capital of Abuja, and no longer Warri, in Delta State.
Latest Stories
-
One dead, multiple injured after Russia launches wave of strikes on Ukraine
30 minutes -
Gov’t targets petroleum upstream recovery after five years of consecutive decline
1 hour -
TUC welcomes ICJ ruling affirming workers’ right to strike
1 hour -
NDC teachers launch grassroots political drive in Western North
2 hours -
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
2 hours -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
3 hours -
Usyk keeps titles with controversial Verhoeven stoppage
3 hours -
Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House
3 hours -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
4 hours -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
4 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
4 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
5 hours -
Tension in Kasoa: Assembly pulls down shops for 24-hour economy project
6 hours -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
6 hours -
Eastern Regional Minister halts Koforidua China Mall project over severe flooding
6 hours