Audio By Carbonatix
The Director of Electoral Services of the Electoral Commission, Dr. Serebour Quaicoe has indicated that no political party complained about the just-ended limited voter registration exercise when they met at the Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) meeting on Wednesday.
This comes after political parties and civil society groups criticized the EC for holding the registration exercise at its district offices claiming it would disenfranchise eligible voters.
Some political parties went as far as suing the EC over its decision.
According to Dr Quaicoe, at the IPAC meeting on Wednesday, all the parties present admitted to a good job done.
“None of them complained; not a single one complained that we have disenfranchised anyone."
“Today, we made reference to those who are in court and they agreed that we have done a good job. Now they are concerned about the adjudication process,” he told JoyNews’ Evans Mensah.
According to Dr Quaicoe, EC has exceeded its target in the limited voter registration exercise by registering more than 900,000 people as against a target of 700,000 eligible voters.
He noted that the figures recorded do not support the claim that some persons had been disenfranchised.
It is unclear yet if the NDC was present at the meeting since the party has boycotted IPAC sittings for some time now.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
5 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
6 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
6 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
7 hours