It was all joy for students of Shama SHS on Wednesday at the Western Regional Qualifies of the 2022 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
The School booked a slot for the national championship of the competition.
This victory was not attained so easily as they had to battle it out with Ghana Sec. Tech. School (GSTS), Nsein SHS and Esiama SHTS.
The 2012 NSMQ winners, GSTS, could not double their efforts to overturn their unfortunate fortune.
Shama SHS proved that they meant business when they secured and answered all riddles correctly in Round Four.
They ended the contest with 48 points while GSTS trailed with 30 points.
“The GIANTS have fallen down flat. Better luck next year, GSTS,” NSMQ Ghana tweeted.
Shama SHS now joins the likes of St John’s School, Fiaseman, Tarkwa, Fijai SHS, Archbishop Porter Girls, Sekondi College and Adiembra SHS at the preliminary stage of the national championship.
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Akufo-Addo awards Emirates with Presidential Honour for Distinguished Service in fight against COVID-19
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- NYA lauds District Assembly Common Fund for role in Youth Resource Centres construction
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hint at audit
- I love listening to music more than recording – Kelvyn Boy
- Bring Mohammed Muntaka to book – NDC executives told
- Uganda Anti-Homosexuality bill: Life in prison for saying you’re gay
- Oforikrom Assembly signs MoU with Crops Research Institute to improve vegetable production
- Woman arrested for cooking after reopening of Kejetia Market
- Saudi government provides parcels to Muslims ahead of Ramadan
- African scientists urge governments to invest in appropriate regulatory mechanisms for biotech products
- NDC primaries: We need a people-centered leader in Ketu North – Edem Agbana
- Referee suspended for using spectator’s mobile phone to disallow goal
- NIB arrest some ECG IT personnel over recent prepaid vending challenges
- Vodafone cash and MobileMoney Limited partner to enable merchant interoperability