Tears flow after Adu Gyamfi SHS booted Aburi Girls’ SHS out of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) just in the preliminary stage.
The all-girls school sited on the mountains at Aburi in the Eastern Region could not shine on Tuesday, despite the promising atmosphere as they were evicted from the competition without notice.
At the end of the contest which took place in the Kumapley auditorium at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Adu Gyamfi SHS – which was regarded the underdog – won comfortably with a total of 41 points.
Aburi Girls’ and Sefwi Wiawso SHSs brawled with 24 points and 10 points, respectively.
Right from the beginning of the contest, the Adu Gyamfi boys kept a clean sheet with only a little favour to the Aburi Girls in the second round.
It was impressive in the fourth round when Adu Gyamfi answered all their true/false questions correctly, keeping a clear distance between them and their opponents.
Kumapley:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) October 11, 2022
End of Contest
Adu Gyamfi SHS: 41pts
Aburi Girls’ SHS: 24pts
Sehwi Wiawso SHS: 10pts
HA-LE-LUUU…..Adu Gyamfi SHS with the win! On to the next stage🎊#NSMQ2022 #NSMQPrelims #Primetime pic.twitter.com/GgA2qmI6Nc
It may not be over yet for Aburi Girls as they stand the chance of being selected as one of the highest scoring schools to join the one-eighth stage of the contest.
Many of their critics doubt that is possible looking at their poor score of 24 points.
In other contests, the Achimota School and Nandom SHS qualified for the next stage with 41 points each.
The 2022 National Science and Maths Quiz is produced by Primetime Limited and sponsored by the Ghana Education Service in partnership with Absa Ghana.
It is supported by GOIL, Prudential Life Insurance, AirtelTigo, Dano Milk, Newmont, Accra College of Medicine, Academic City University College and Y FM.
The broadcast on JoyNews is supported by Virtual Infosec Africa, Virtual Security Africa, Vita Milk, Cowbell, Alumni by Enterprise Life, Faytex Toilet Roll, Ace Medical Insurance, Azar Group, Kings Group Limited, Family Health Medical School, DBS, KORBA and Lumetrust from pharmatrust.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group