The number of jobs advertised in selected print and online media, which partially gauges labour demand in the economy, decreased marginally in April 2022, compared to the same period last year.
According to the Bank of Ghana’s latest Monetary Policy Report, 2,777 job adverts were recorded as compared with 2,806 for the same period in 2021.
This indicated a marginal decline of 1.0% year-on-year.
On a month-on-month basis, the number of job vacancies in April this year dipped by 3.6%, from the 2,882 jobs advertised in March 2022.
Cumulatively, 11,029 advertised jobs were recorded for the first four months of 2022, compared with 11,646 jobs advertised during the same period in 2021.
Private sector-SSNIT contributors improve by 1%
Meanwhile, the total number of private sector-SSNIT contributors, which partially gauges employment conditions, marginally improved by 1.0% to 861,121 in March 2022.
On a month-on-month basis, the total number of private sector SSNIT contributors decreased by 3.0%, from the 887,441 individuals recorded in February 2022.
Cumulatively, for the first quarter of 2022, the total number of private sector contributors increased to 2,637,883 from 2,514,756 recorded over the corresponding period in 2021.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- Enimil Ashon: Osafo Maafo taking NPP to opposition?￼￼
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu
National Cathedral construction should not be under Monuments Board – Martin Kpebu