Ghana Football Association( GFA) President Kwesi Nyantakyi has warned his team against complacency when they face Lesotho in Maseru on Sunday in a penultimate world Cup qualifier.
The Black Stars are in pole position to clinch top spot in Group D with a win over Lesotho on Sunday.
This was after Sudan drew Zambia 1-1 on Saturday,at the backyard of the Zambians.
The Black Stars might in the end wouldn’t even need to beat the Copper Bullets in the final game – a draw could be enough to top Group D depending on how the other game between Ghana and Lesotho goes on Sunday.
But Nyantekyi wants any shred of complacency eschewed from the Black Stars going into Sunday’s game at the Setsoto Stadium.
“Although we had a difficult game against Sudan ten days ago we come with the mentality of winning no matter what. We need a win in this game,” he told Joy Sports in Maseru.
“We’re facing Lesotho. They played a very good game against us in Kumasi. They lost their game by 4-0 to Zambia. We are not here to underrate them.
“We will make sure we take it game by game and make sure we qualify. We’ve got nine points. We need more points to qualify to the next stage.”
Ghana are aiming a third consecutive World Cup appearance and will know their opponents for final phase of the 2014 World Cup qualifiers in September if the Black Stars top Group D of the ongoing qualifiers.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
GNFS begins investigations into fire outbreak at Kumasi Central Market
Ablekuma South has created an enabling environment for business growth – Dr Vanderpuije
Thousands of people evacuated as wildfires spread across Table Mountain in Cape Town
1 dead, others missing after Santoor flood
Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off