President Akufo-Addo has nominated Omane Aboagye as the Chief Executive of the Juaben Municipality in the Ashanti Region.
Aboagye’s nomination follows the rejection of the president’s first nominee, Alex Safo Kantanka, who was rejected twice by the assembly members.
He polled five out of an expected 26 in the first attempt. The votes were appreciated in the second round with 10 votes but failed to secure the mandate of assembly members.
However, the new nominee is yet to go through the confirmation process.
Should he get the nod, all 43 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies in the region will have a Chief Executive.
Meanwhile, Safo Kantanka is facing 26 corruption charges concerning his confirmation following a probe by the Special Prosecutor’s office.
He has, however, pleaded not guilty to all 26 counts of corruption in respect of public elections, contrary to provisions in the Criminal Offences Act, ACT 29.
Subsequently, a Kumasi High Court presided by Her Ladyship Priscilla Dikro Ofori has granted him a ¢90,000 bail.
Meanwhile, the hearing has been adjourned to June 29, for the Case Management Conference to begin.
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- A.B.A Fuseini takes kenkey and fish to parliament to show ‘true state of economy’
- Cedi strengthens in value against dollar; 1$ now ¢13.70
- Indonesia passes criminal code banning sex outside of marriage
- Suspend activities of foreign vessel on Volta River – Agbeve residents to government
- Ejura traditional council reaffirms intention to bar Fulani herdsmen from entering communities in the traditional area
- 75% of Agortime farmland conducive for large scale rice production
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Over 8,000 delegates to attend NDC Congress on December 17
- We will safeguard the solvency of the financial institutions – Ofori-Atta
- Government is still peddling falsehoods in the middle of a crisis – Ato Forson
- Sunyani Regional Hospital to be upgraded into teaching hospital by April 2023
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Organised labour will be engaged on debt exchange programme – Dr. Kumah
- Prospective teacher trainees to write entrance exams from 2023