The former Minister for Gender, Children, and Social Protection, Madam Otiko Afisah Djaba has celebrated her 59th birthday with a donation of 59 brand new wheelchairs and other walking aids for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).
Madam Otiko Djaba, who is already supporting PWDs in all 16 regions of Ghana, is committed to ensuring that the poor and vulnerable in society especially the PWDs enjoy a dignified life.
At a short ceremony in Accra to present the 59 wheelchairs, Madam Otiko Djaba who is also the Executive Director of the Henry Djaba Memorial Foundation expressed appreciation to God Almighty for His infinite grace, protection and mercies over her life.
According to her, she feels much fulfilled anytime she takes steps to impact the lives of vulnerable persons, women, and children in society.
Madam Otiko Djaba who has through her Foundation launched an initiative to mobilise at least 1,000 wheelchairs per each of the 16 regions of Ghana appealed to government agencies, departments, Non-Governmental and religious organisations, individuals as well as local and international organisations to support her initiative.
She said that Ghana has over 187,000 persons with physical disability who needed assistive devices like wheelchairs and clutches but only 30 per cent of them were able to acquire such devices hence her 16,000 wheelchairs initiative.
Some of the beneficiaries of the 59 birthday wheelchairs including; 52-year-old Madam Zeinabu Ali Mahama, Mr. Elvis Boadi, 56-years from Abitifi, Madam Sophia Anderson 85 from Cape Coast, and Mr. Richard Atta, 32 from Volta Region expressed their appreciation to Madam Otiko Afisah Djaba for her continuous kind gesture towards them.
They individually wished her a Happy Birthday and prayed to God to prolong her life.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills