As has become common in Ghana during Watchnight services, prophets predict happenings in the New Year to serve as warnings and to call for intercessory prayers on behalf of those involved.
These prophecies over the years have been characterised by predictions of deaths and disasters but also of political wins.
This year, self-styled ‘Nation’s Prophet’ who is also the Founder and Leader of the Glorious Word and Power Ministry, Reverend Isaac Owusu Bempah has listed some prophecies for the New Year.
However, unlike previous years, he failed to mention the names of those who will be directly affected by these prophecies.
He explained that recent hostilities and acts of mockery against prophets have made it necessary for him to avoid mentioning names.
“Now, in 2021 a great king will die, but due to the insults people will hurl at me, I will not mention his name. But if God speaks to me to go and speak to him, I’ll go.”
Here is a list of his prophecies for the New Year:
- National Democratic Congress flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama will lose his 2020 Election petition at the Supreme Court.
- A great king will die.
3. The death of a person who has ruled Ghana before.
4. A great political party will be bereaved, as they would lose one of their leaders.
5.The death of a person who is likely to be President of Ghana.
6. The death of a person who has controlled and managed the finances of the country before.
7. Fire outbreaks may be rampant.
8. There may be an earthquake. A certain country will experience the greater magnitude of it, Ghana will experience a lesser magnitude.
9. Two musicians may die. One old, one young.
10. There will be a plane crash with a prominent person onboard. (This prophecy isn’t exclusive to Ghana)
11. The NPP and the NDC must be prayed for or else they will lose great leaders.
12. Drivers should be very careful in 2021, there will be a lot of road carnages.
13. A great leader in Nigeria will pass away.
14. I saw France being covered in dark clouds.
15. I saw the flag of Britain becoming black which signified the death of a prominent person.
16. The death of a former President of the United States of America.
17. There will be floods and fire outbreaks in America.
18. There will also be floods in Ghana.
19. Finally, there might be a coup attempt in Ghana, which will destabilise the country.
The Prophet after the prophecies called for intercessory prayers on behalf of those involved and the country as whole to avert the deaths and disasters.
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- NSMQ 2021: PRESEC beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- What is the big deal? – Brigitte Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Dominic Ayine questions independence of judiciary following Supreme Court’s adjudication of 2020 election petition
- #FixTheCountry: We’ll use the courts to set aside order against May 9 protest – Economic Fighters League
- Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines
- GSE gives 4 firms time to submit 2020 financial statements
More than 50 killed in fight over water resources in Central Asia
Oldest human burial in Africa found – A child laid to rest with pillow 78,000 years ago
He blocked me just a day after we had sex – Lady recounts
Feuding factions in Osu chieftaincy dispute smoke peace pipe after decades of unresolved conflict
Eden Hazard apologises to Real Madrid fans for laughing with Chelsea players
Legon Cities deny Bashir Hayford’s dismissal rumors
Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 23
Fix our road or we’ll fix it ourselves with your revenue – Darisalam youth to Central Gonja District Assembly
Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
Prince Philip’s cause of death has been confirmed
Child shoots three at school, police say
Ban on drumming and noise-making in Accra commences May 10, ends June 10
GNAT asked to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers