Youth and Sports Minister Honourable Mustapha Ussif has charged the national Para Powerlifting team (Black Optimists) to win medals in this year’s Manchester Para Powerlifting World Cup.
The event which comes off between March 25 and 28 will serve as a qualification to the Summer Paralympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
The team has been in camp since February this year. The Black Optimists paid a courtesy visit to the Youth and Sports Minister shortly before they left Ghana for England on Monday night. Honourable Mustapah Ussif is confident the team will make Ghana proud.
“I am confident you will to go Manchester and win medals. Go and make Ghana proud,” he charged the team.
Mr. Samson Deen, President of the National Paralympic Committee of Ghana (NPC-GHANA), thanked the Sports Minister for his unbending interest in para sports.
The national Para Powerlifting team won a bronze medal in last year’s edition of the Manchester Para Powerlifting World Cup. They are confident they will move a notch higher this year.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
- Behind the scenes: Stephen Appiah and Laryea Kingston when #EurosOnMGL cameras are off
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- IGP must retire for a more enthusiastic officer to take over – Security Analyst
BoG warns persons buying or selling foreign currency to desist or face prosecution
Euros On MGL: France v Germany betting preview
Ghana complete Asian tour with no wins after South Korea defeat
Tracey Boakye holds plush birthday party for 1-year-old daughter; showers cash on her
Say it right: ‘Request’ not ‘request for’
Police should step up their game in retrieval of unlicensed firearms – Accra Mayor after bullion van attack
“Concerned Staff of GCB” publication on bad corporate governance and others, false, malicious – GCB Bank
Driver of GNPC boss loses wife in attack by gunmen in Kumasi
Euros On MGL: Hungary v Portugal betting preview
Ghana, Kenya to facilitate inter-regional trade
Execute prisoners who have been sentenced to death – Deputy A-G designate
Ecobank Ghana pledges support for women in agriculture
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape