The Managing Director of Ecobank Ghana PLC, Daniel Sackey says it is time to take deliberate steps to resolve the housing deficit in the country.
Speaking at the launch of the Ecobank JoyNews Habitat Fair 2021 on Friday, August 27, Mr Sackey indicated that although housing is a basic need, there is an enormous gap between what is needed and what is available within Ghana.
Hence, Habitat Fair is to give various stakeholders the opportunity to explore the real estate market.
“Just as we are deliberate about the things we do, it is time that we become very deliberate about decisions regarding our housing and the time to do that is now. “Most of us take it for granted that it [house] will be there but it might not be there.
“And most often when we are part of conversations, the initial thing is that if you go to Europe or other countries you can get a mortgage for 20 years. But before people get unto that mortgage ladder they are deliberate about it, they save for it,” he said.
Mr Sackey added that “I think that for those who are not in the formal sector, the challenge is let us start now, we can provide various savings, opportunities, we can work with you to build up the deposit you need.”
The annual JoyNews Habitat Fair was launched at Ecobank Ghana’s head office in Accra.
The event headlined by Ecobank Ghana, had some of the country’s top real estate companies and other industry players introducing their products and services to the audience.
This year’s main fair which is themed; “Home Ownership: To build or to Buy” will come off between 27th and 31st October 2021.
But prior to the main fair, there will be three mini-clinics;
- Achimota Retail Centre – 11th & 12th September
- West Hills Mall – 18th & 19th September
- Junction Mall – 2nd & 3rd October.
The JoyNews Habitat Fair is in partnership with Ecobank and powered by The Planned City Extension Project from Cities & Habitat.
Other sponsors include; Elegant Homes and General Construction Ltd, Duraplast Ltd, Renters Paradise, DBS Industries Ltd.
- ‘I did nothing wrong’ – Asiedu Nketia justifies his presence in Parliament
- Join NDC’s presidential race if you are interested in being number 1 – John Boadu to Alban Bagbin
- 2022 Budget rejection: We did not take uncompromising positions – Ato Forson
- Playback: Newsfile discusses 2022 budget and energy sector debt
- ‘Killer budget isn’t coming back; we’re burying it for good’ – Ablakwa
- 2022 Budget: What was wrong with Finance Minister requesting for further engagement? – Majority Leader quizzes
- Dela Sedode: Christ Me! Bagbin
- You do engagements prior to approval of the budget, not during its approval – Ato Forson
- Over 300 suspected criminals arrested in military operation in northern Ghana
- NDC postpones town-hall meeting on 2022 budget
Buses carrying 202 foreigners intercepted at Aflao
ECG illuminates Kpovi Police barrier to enhance security
‘Organise a physical graduation for us or refund our levies’ – Franco 2019 batch
Ghana faces acute challenge of creating more, better jobs – World Bank
SOS-GrEEn sensitizes residents of New Edubiase on violence against women
Ghana Beach Soccer has potential to be a huge success in future – FIFA Instructor Angelo Schirinzi
Kinaata hopes successes of Hasaacas Ladies will inspire Sekondi Hasaacas
Okyeame Kwame and Adansi Travels launch family fun tour on GTA’s Accra City Tour bus to promote Ghana
Ghana’s energy sector debt likely to hit ₵7 billion by close of 2021 – Energy expert
Three percent withholding tax on unprocessed gold slashed to 1.5 percent-Abu Jinapor
Government must be lauded for exemplary leadership – Atta-Akyea
Haul John Boadu before Parliament if you find his comments contemptuous – Nyarko Osei tells Kwame Agbodza
Government approves ¢43m to Ghana Veterinary Medical Association
Agri-impact wins big at the at the Ghana Agribusiness Excellence & Leadership Awards
RUGBY 7S WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS: GHANA BOOKS SEMI FINAL PLACE