Methodist Girls’ High School at Mamfe Akuapem in the Eastern Region has won the 2019 World ROBOFEST Competition held in Michigan in the United States of America.
The 20th edition of the robotic driven approach in solving tasks, saw the school from Ghana winning the ultimate game competition.
The task given comprised building a robot to arrange boxes according to a Binary Number Given. This Binary Number is unveiled when all robots are impounded.
MEGHIS, had earlier triumphed from the preliminary contests held in Ghana among all the top senior high schools.
The annual competition in Ghana, under the code name; Robotics Inspired Science Education, (RISE) is organized by Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation founded by Dr. Ashitey Trebi-Olenu.
Some of the participating countries were:
4. South Africa
5. United States
6. Mexico etc
See more photos below:
Watch video below.
- Missing pregnant woman in Takoradi found at Axim
- Female prayer warrior leaves church to marry fetish priest
- ‘We’re tired of directionless leadership’ – #FixTheCountry protester
- Milo will need a miracle to qualify Ghana for Qatar 2022 – John Paintsil
- Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ghanaians celebrate first president with #KwameNkrumahMemorialDay
- Coup attempt fails in Sudan – State media
- Peace Council presents report to National Security about marginalised residents of Volta Region
Cashew stakeholders call for research into developing new and improved cashew variant
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
COCOBOD to sign $1.5 billion Syndication Loan for 2021/2022 cocoa season
Joy Business partners Canada-Ghana Chamber of Commerce to strengthen trade ties
Only fully vaccinated Ghanaians can travel to France without PCR test, quarantines – French Ambassador to Ghana
Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
Hasten SDGs implementation to build fairer, prosperous world – Akufo-Addo urges leaders
Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
12 arrested over violence at Chereponi after release of MMDCE nominees list
Public workers in Tamale protest over 2020/2021 percentage in wages increment
Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
Government to launch National Critical Information Infrastructure Directive in October to fight cyber crimes