See some pictures from the Christmas and New Year celebrations across the continent.
At the same time in South Africa, performers at the AfricaGrow festival also play with fire…
In Nigeria's commercial capital, Lagos, a man dances as he celebrates the start of 2020…
Other Nigerians opt for church rather than the club as a place to mark the start of a new decade.
On Monday, crowds celebrate in the Sudanese city of Omdurman after a court sentenced 29 intelligence officers to death for the torture and killing of a teacher.
In neighbouring Egypt, on the same day, police cadets lose their shirts as they take part in training…
They also get to show off their skills at the police academy in Cairo.
On Friday, supporters of Guinea-Bissau ruling party candidate Domingos Simoes Pereira attend a rally ahead of the presidential run-off vote.
Egyptian volunteers arrange cups with black and white coffee on Saturday to create a mosaic depicting Pharaoh Tutankhamun's death mask…
The elaborate mosaic was displayed outside the Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza, Greater Cairo.
In a trendy cafe in Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa, on Thursday barista Filimon Tesfaselassie prepares a cup of coffee.
On one of Lagos' beaches a horse is dressed up for New Year on Wednesday.
On Friday, Libyans take to the streets in the capital, Tripoli, to show support for the UN-recognised government.
*Pictures from Getty Images, AFP, EPA, BBC and Reuters
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Ada-East students benefit from Scholarship Scheme
Academic City holds Diversity Day to deepen understanding of African Culture
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease