The price of diesel is expected to go up marginally from tomorrow.
This is a projection made by the Institute for Energy Security.
Prices of some petroleum products including Liquefied Petroleum Gas will also go up, however, price of petrol is expected to remain same.
Amidst these projections, some Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have started adjusting their fuel prices upwards at the pumps. Shell has taken the lead and it’s now selling a litre of petrol and diesel at ¢6.52.
Generally, fuel prices have been increased more than eight times in the first half of 2021 alone.
Tonight on JoyNews, PM Express Business Edition took a look at the frequent hikes in fuel prices.
Host, George Wiafe interacted with Chief Executive Officer of the Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors (CBOD), Senyo Hosi, Duncan Amoah, the Executive Secretary of the Chamber of Petroleum Consumers and Head of Pricing at the National Petroleum Authority, Abass Ibrahim Tasunti, to find out how the current challenge facing players in the sector can be contained.
- Commuters stranded as commercial drivers embark on indefinite strike today
- Ashiaman ‘trotro’ drivers and their conductors turn bus station into football ground
- Photos: Commuters stranded as ‘trotro’ drivers strike to protest fuel prices
- Playback: Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta addresses nation
- Commercial Drivers Strike: Aayalolo deploys 110 buses to mitigate effect
- Government directs GOIL to reduce price of fuel after meeting with transport unions
- ‘What was he drinking or eating before he went into that studio?’ Dzifa Gomashie asks Energy Minister
- ‘I’ve written to the Speaker with modifications to the 2022 Budget’ – Ken Ofori-Atta
- No agreement reached with Minority Caucus on E-levy – Finance Minister
- Social media reacts to nationwide strike by commercial drivers
Today’s frontpages: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
British High Commissioner to Ghana visits Root of Change Project beneficiaries in N/R
Asantehene joins Awuah-Darko family to celebrate Juabenhene
ECG shuts down Yilo Krobo office over threats against staff, property
Jackie Appiah celebrates birthday with residents of Kogni
Invest in research into Covid-19 treatment – Policymakers urged
Isaac Kofi Agyei: What will happen to price of fuel if government decides to listen to 16 driver unions?
Servaco PPS partners Captain One Golf Society for Charity Championship
Stunning Gray strike in injury time earns Everton comeback win against Arsenal
Ladystrikers’ head coach unhappy with officiating in Super Cup final
Two humiliating defeats for Hearts in Africa but where do they go from here?
Government commits to review taxes on fuel in Mid-year Budget after drivers’ strike – Abbas Imoro
Zongo Development Fund CEO honoured at 2021 Ghana Leadership Awards
GOIL expected to reduce fuel prices by ¢0.15 effective today – Kennedy Osei Nyarko
The Multimedia Group honored by Education Ministry, NTC for sponsoring Ghana Teacher Prize 2021