The Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) on Monday, August 15, 2022 announced tariff increases effective September 1, 2022.
Tariffs for electricity and water are expected to go up by 27.15% and 21.55% respectively.
Despite the fact that the percentage is vastly different from what the utility companies demanded, they have agreed to the increment.
On JoyNews’ PM Express, the guests took viewers through the topic for discussion tonight “Utilities tariff review: Accounting for the increase.”
The guests were: The Director of Research and Corporate Affairs at the Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC), Dr. Eric Kofi Obutey, Member of Ghana Hotels Association, Denzel Kwesi Humpreys, External Communication Manager at Electricity Company, Charles Nii Ayiku and Principal Statistician, Ghana Statistical Service, John Foster Agyaho.
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw