Audio By Carbonatix
The Accra Regional Police Command has arrested two women in connection with the alleged assault of a 12-year-old girl at the La Roman JHS School area, following a complaint lodged by the victim’s mother.
In a statement issued by the police, the incident was said to have occurred on Tuesday, December 30, 2025. The victim’s mother reported the case after appearing at the police station with her daughter, who had visible marks of assault. She alleged that her daughter was attacked by three women without provocation.
“The complainant alleged that three women assaulted her daughter,” the police said, adding that officers promptly took a statement from the mother and issued a Police Medical Report Form to the victim for examination.
Preliminary investigations revealed that earlier that day, the 12-year-old girl had an altercation with a seven-year-old boy, who is related to the suspects. The police say the situation later escalated when the suspects allegedly went to the victim’s house, brought her to their residence, and assaulted her.
On Wednesday, December 31, 2025, the complainant led police officers to arrest two of the suspects — Precious Giftan Mesopeh, aged 22, and Princess Giftan Mesopeh, aged 25. Both suspects are currently in police custody and assisting with investigations.
The third suspect, identified as Priscilla Novishie Wornyo, aged 49, a fashion designer and mother of the two arrested women, is reported to have travelled to the Volta Region. Police say efforts are ongoing to locate and arrest her to aid the investigation.
The two arrested suspects have been formally charged and are expected to be put before court on Monday, January 5, 2025.
Meanwhile, the Accra Regional Police Command has cautioned the public against resorting to violence, especially in disputes involving children. The police urged parents, guardians, and community members to use lawful means to resolve grievances and to report incidents promptly.
“The Command further urges the public to respect the law and protect the rights and welfare of children at all times,” the statement added.
The case has reignited public discussion on child protection and the need for non-violent conflict resolution within communities.
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
11 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
12 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
20 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
21 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
33 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
35 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
47 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
55 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
56 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
57 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
58 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
1 hour -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
2 hours