A 36-year-old woman and her 15-year-old son are in the grips of the Koforidua Police command for allegedly killing her husband at Asamanketewa near Nkurakan in the Okere district.
The key suspect, Mavis Adwoa Amponsah, and three other accomplices including her brother, Kofi Dennis allegedly used a pestle to hit his head to death.
The deceased, Eric Kwaku Amoako,40, fell unconscious and was rushed to the Koforidua Regional hospital but was later pronounced dead.
A resident of the community, Samuel Annor said the deceased who has been accusing his wife of infidelity, physically assaulted her last Saturday evening around 11 pm.
According to him, the prime suspect on Sunday asked her son to invite her brother, Kofi Dennis, who arrived in the community with two other men from Akuapem-Dawu to avenge.
The suspects, now at large, allegedly subjected the deceased to severe beatings.
He bled profusely after he was hit in his head with the pestle.
The police at Nkurakan arrested the woman and her son and took them to Dawu to apprehend the others, however, they fled before the police arrived.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Bank Managers call on government to flush out ‘black market’ operators
- Judiciary must not be seen as bias in setting timelines for cases – Pumpuni Asante
- Seun Kuti opens up on experience in ‘three-person cell’ with 30 inmates
- We use ‘second-hand’ diapers, toilet rolls during menses – Girls admit as Mace supplies free sanitary pads
- Air New Zealand weighing passengers before flying
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system