Upper East Regional Police Commander, Mr Ofosu Mensah-Gyeabour on Thursday blamed the spate of highway robberies on drivers conniving with gangsters to rob passengers.
Speaking at this year’s Road Safety Campaign at Bolgatanga, the regional Police chief urged drivers to desist from such practices, warning that connivers would be dealt with drastically.
Mr Mensah-Gyeabour appealed to the public to volunteer information on robbers to the police.
The Bolgatanga Municipal District Chief Executive, Mr Isaac Nsoh Amoah, appealed to drivers to have enough rest before starting a journey.
He said some road accidents occurred due to driver fatigue.
He also urged cyclists to always wear crash helmets before riding.
On their part, driver representatives called on the Road Safety Committee to include transport owners in their education programmes, saying they tended to demand unrealistic daily sales, which most often led to driver anxiety on the road.
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument
Over 600 persons to undergo eye surgery at Keta Municipality
Margins Group CEO shares top 10 principles
India hospital fire kills 13 amid Covid oxygen crisis
Algerian scholar gets 3 years in jail for ‘offending Islam’
Chad set for Idriss Deby’s funeral as leaders arrive
65-year-old woman escapes death as house is set ablaze over ‘witchcraft’ accusations
Election 2020: NDC pink sheets digitised
Ghana-Burkina Railway Interconnectivity project to begin 2022; 3 bidders shortlisted