The opposition National Democratic Congress bent on holding the government accountable for its appointment of a Director for a non-existent sea port at Keta in the Volta region.
The Deputy Transport Minister, Titus Glover, has previously justified the decision, saying that Dr. Alexander Adusei will “supervise the groundwork” and act as a “liaison” officer to “engage consultants, architects and the community.”
But the NDC is not convinced.
In a Twitter update Tuesday, a Deputy Communications Minister under the erstwhile John Mahama government attacked the appointment, describing it as “ridiculous.”
Felix Kwakye Ofosu wrote: “the appointment of a 'Director' for the non-existent Keta Port, has to go down in history as the most ridiculous appointment in the political and governance history of Ghana.”
Felix Kwakye Ofosu has been a persistent critic of the Akufo-Addo administration
His comments follow that of the MP for Keta, Richard Quarshigah who asked the government to rescind the appointment immediately.
In a press statement, the legislator described the appointment as “baffling” and “preposterous.”
“It can be likened to Ghana Education Service posting a head teacher to a community where indeed there is no school, no teachers and for that matter no students or pupils,” he wrote.
“…in the name of God solemnly plead with President Akufo Addo to reverse the horrendous decision of an appointment,” he added.
The MP is, however, insistent that natives of his constituency are hopeful of having a seaport, the reason they applauded him when he issued the Executive Instrument declaring the coastline of our beloved Keta as a seaport.
Quarshigah wants the President to “bring back their hopes” by engaging in fruitful, pragmatic and practical approaches in making real the Keta dream for a seaport.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC
- Hot Audio: Even without free SHS you couldn't deliver – Bawumia to Mahama
- Free SHS has been good for North, will be good for all of Ghana – Bawumia
- Asantehene shows gratitude for support over 2 decades
- Otumfuo@20: Lady Julia's love message to Asantehene
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens