Ghana is hosting over 100 elections stakeholders from around the world at the 17th International Electoral Affairs Symposium and International Electoral Awards in Accra.
The event is from January 28-29.
First of its kind in the sub-region, the event is organized by the International Center for Parliamentary Studies (ICPS) based in London, in collaboration with the Electoral Commission of Ghana and the Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana).
Dubbed “Building Innovative Strategies for Better Electoral Systems Globally,” the event is aimed at bringing together election practitioners, political parties, civil society actors, academics and other key actors in the electoral space to deliberate on pertinent election-related issues.
These include the impact of digital technology on elections, how to attract and engage youth electorates, and how to build trust and confidence in election management bodies.
The two-day event will be climaxed with the International Electoral Awards where various electoral institutions and individuals from around the world will be celebrated for their stellar contribution to enhancing electoral integrity and making elections meaningful.
The awards categories include Election Management Award, Citizen Engagement Award, Gender Equality Award, and First Time Voter Award.
Nominees for the various awards categories come from around the world.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Asantehene shows gratitude for support over 2 decades
- Otumfuo@20: Lady Julia's love message to Asantehene
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters
- Videos of alleged irregularities in referendum fake -EC
- NDC is being disingenuous with NHIS collapsing claims - Dep. Minister