Ghana is hosting over 100 elections stakeholders from around the world at the 17th International Electoral Affairs Symposium and International Electoral Awards in Accra.
The event is from January 28-29.
First of its kind in the sub-region, the event is organized by the International Center for Parliamentary Studies (ICPS) based in London, in collaboration with the Electoral Commission of Ghana and the Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana).
Dubbed “Building Innovative Strategies for Better Electoral Systems Globally,” the event is aimed at bringing together election practitioners, political parties, civil society actors, academics and other key actors in the electoral space to deliberate on pertinent election-related issues.
These include the impact of digital technology on elections, how to attract and engage youth electorates, and how to build trust and confidence in election management bodies.
The two-day event will be climaxed with the International Electoral Awards where various electoral institutions and individuals from around the world will be celebrated for their stellar contribution to enhancing electoral integrity and making elections meaningful.
The awards categories include Election Management Award, Citizen Engagement Award, Gender Equality Award, and First Time Voter Award.
Nominees for the various awards categories come from around the world.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll bring Rawlings back to campaign - Alabi assures Volta NDC
- 'We can't find NDC MPs who held 'bloody widow' placards' - Parliament
- Asking NPP, NDC to meet over vigilantism too simplistic – Mahama
- 2020 election message not Bobolibobo - Joshua Alabi
- Asking NPP, NDC to deal with vigilantism is narrow approach - Prof. Gatsi
- Rawlings hopeful NDC, NPP will heed Akufo-Addo’s call to disarm militias
- NPP, NDC meeting cannot stop party militia canker – Asiedu Nketia
- Meet next week over party militia - Akufo-Addo rallies NPP, NDC leaders
- Full Text: President Akufo-Addo's SONA 2019
- SONA 2019: New ¢1b Housing Fund to target low-income earners – Akufo-Addo
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo pays tribute to fallen heroes in 2018
- State of the Nation address: What to expect
- What the law says: On formation and joining political militia groups
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo to ‘justify mandate, confidence reposed in him’
- Emile Short Commission ‘doing some good work’ – NDC alters stance