Upper West Regional Minister, Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih has expressed outrage over the continuous refusal of Municipal and District Chief Executives (MDCEs) to attend meetings organized by the region’s highest decision making body, the Coordinating Council.
He said he felt embarrassed by the deviant behavior of the MDCEs in the region warning that he would not take the matter lightly.
''Facilitators for the program travelled all the way from Accra to Wa yet we are not ready for them. This is an embarrassment to the entire region. I am disappointed particularly with the MDCEs. I am about to give the opening speech and only two out of the eleven are here, not even a single coordinating director is here,'' he noted
Present at the meeting called to strategise on security were only two District Chief Executives. The facilitators were personnel from the Ministry of National Security.
The meeting was occasioned by recent clampdown on suspected terrorists’ believed to be from the fold of gendarmerie and coalition forces in Burkina Faso.
It is reported that one of the suspected terrorists have crossed into Ghana, using communities that are along the Burkina Faso- Ghana border to possibly continue with their despicable activities which will have security implications for the country.
A visible angered Dr. Bin Salih said he would not take the issue lightly. ''I am standing here as an embarrassed political leader. I will urge my brothers who are coming from the National Security to report the conduct of our appointees to the president. That is their behavior and I am not going to take this issue lightly,'' he added
The two District Chief Executives at the meeting were Karim Nonyuo and Moro Sanda Nadi of Sissaala East and Daffiama- Bussie-Issa districts respectively.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Wereko Brobby meets Akufo-Addo over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- No pickup, no mercy - NDC tells Savannah Region Minister
- Vigilantism Bill passed into law
- NIA begins registration exercise in Volta region
- CID’s investigation of Charles Bissue political – Martin Amidu
- NDC primaries: 74 pick forms for 18 constituencies in Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament