Pope Francis has prayed for the victims of an attack on a Nigerian church in which at least 25 worshippers were killed by gunmen.
A Vatican statement said he had learned of the deaths of dozens of people.
The assault took place in the southern town of Owo, in Ondo state.
Officials there have warned the number of casualties could rise.
They say a priest and other members of the congregation were abducted by the gunmen, whose identity is unknown.
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, has condemned the attack calling it “heinous”.
A week ago, the head of the country’s Methodist church was kidnapped; he was released after a ransom was paid.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Joy Entertainment partners Kwabena Kwabena for Love Night Concert
- Kweku Allotey: Why Alan Kyerematen is the grassroots people’s choice
- Galamsey: Teenager drowns in River Offin, another missing
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Build resilience at Ghana’s borders – Security Expert cautions Government
- Pay more attention to educational needs of deprived communities – Philanthropist tells Government
- International Needs Ghana commissions GH₵58K mechanical borehole at Nuaxorve
- NDC gives government 30 days to compensate victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon violence or…
- Stonebwoy talks Afrobeats, new album, Ghana’s popularity on The Breakfast Club
- Government rolls out National Rental Assistance Scheme to support low-income households
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Government commits GH¢30m into implementation of the National Rental Assistance Scheme
- Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Would you flirt with your boss for a salary increase?