Killers of a Prampram chief have still not been prosecuted since his death last year, according to his family members.
The late Mankralo of Prampram, Nene Atsure Benta III, was shot dead by unknown gunmen on December 13, 2018, at Dodowa in the Shai Osudoku District in the afternoon while returning to Prampram from a meeting at the Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs at Dodowa.
Daughter of the late Mankralo of Prampram, Dorinda Amankwa-Boateng, told the press at the one year anniversary of the death of Nene Atsure Benta III that, neither the Prampram Traditional Council nor the Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs has come to commensurate with the family, since the death of her father.
It is unclear what might have led to the shooting of the late chief but it is believed that there was a chieftaincy issue in the area at the time of his death.
Nii Nartey IV, a man who claimed to be the stool father and a few others were subsequently arrested as suspects but have since been granted bail.
Police in Tema are said to have recently made new arrests in connection with the murder but this is yet to yield any news on the case, according to the family.
Due to the mystery surrounding the death of their father and the numerous releases of suspects in the case, the family has been left in despair.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Saudi Arabia coach Herve Renard resigns
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees