As part of activities marking this year’s World Jollof Day celebration, leading culinary brand, Onga, has organised the second edition of the Onga Jollof Battle.
This year’s Jollof battle which was under the theme, ‘Old-Skul” Reunion edition, sought to discover which alumni of the 8 selected senior high schools prepare the best Jollof.
Held under a colourfully charged atmosphere, the event was packed with series of exciting activities which brought back nostalgic memories as well as electrifying dance performances and musical performances from Gasmilla, Camidoh, Offei, Ghetto Studio among others.
After a fierce battle for culinary supremacy amongst participating schools, PRESEC-Legon came tops and took home the ultimate cash prize together with products and souvenirs from Onga and Blochem (producers of Bel Aqua & Bell Beverages).
Aburi Girls and Apam SHS placed 2nd and 3rd respectively. Each of the top three schools will also receive a sponsorship package for an upcoming speech and prize given day or an anniversary celebration.
Accra Academy took the 4th position followed by the tie between Mfantsiman Girls and Adisadel college who placed 5th in the competition.
The 6th and 7th positions were chalked by Wesley Girls Senior High and St. Peters Boys Senior High respectively.
Addressing the media, Culinary Category Lead Promasidor Ghana (Producers of Onga), Ms Eva Njeri Njeru, expressed her excitement about the success of the event and the participation of hundreds of patrons despite the rains.
She also reiterated the commitment by Onga to provide a unique brand experience through activities like the Onga Jollof Battle and many more.
“Onga is more than excited to always provide novel and innovative brand experiences to its patrons through varying marketing activities.
“Beyond our products providing superior taste and unique aroma which delivers in the pot, we believe it is important to organise activities like the Onga Jollof Battle to engage our patrons as well as promote the food culture of the country and we are glad to use this event to climax the World Jollof Day celebration,” Ms Njeru said.
Ms Njeru also congratulated Presec Legon for emerging as winner of this year’s Jollof Battle.
Participants also took the opportunity to share their delight in the event and called for more such activities from the brand.
Onga Jollof Battle is an annual party-themed cooking contest organised by the brand to mark the celebration of World Jollof Day.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- List of key bondholders resisting Ken Ofori-Atta’s Domestic Debt Exchange
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Exclusive: IMF and Ghana expected to reach staff-level agreement by Tuesday – Sources
- Debt Exchange: Policy will collapse insurance industry – Seth Aklatsi
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: Hookups; the ‘online version’ of prostitution and how it operates in Ghana
- Trevor Noah bids ‘The Daily Show’ goodbye after 7 years
- Channel energy to vocational and technical education – KSTU alumni tells government
- Price of chicken now ¢70 – Poultry farmers
- 2022 World Cup: Brazil crash out on penalties as Croatia advance to semis
- Lands Minister reopens Accra Zoo to public
- You are causing ministers to create kingdoms in their ministries – Mahama tells Akufo-Addo
- Mahama lectures Academic City University College students on leadership
- GreenFaith launches a multi-faith, multi-stakeholder campaign to keep fossil fuels in the ground in Ghana
- ‘Reduce number of judges at Supreme Court’
- Our memories we shared will never fade – Okomfo Kolege to late wife
- PURC Ghana ranked 4th in Africa Electricity Regulatory Index (ERI) 2022
- Ofori-Atta has exposed himself to public ridicule – Editor of ABC News
- Failed censure motion missed chance to see Akufo-Addo’s true allegiance – Bobby Banson
- 10 signs you’re definitely not over your ex