Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s eldest daughter, Princess Beatrice of York, got hitched this week in a secret ceremony.
View this post on Instagram
Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York and Mr. Mapelli Mozzi have been touched by the warm wishes they have received since their wedding, and are delighted to share two additional photographs of their happy day. . The pictures show Princess Beatrice and Mr Mapelli Mozzi in the grounds of Royal Lodge after their wedding. . Photographs by Benjamin Wheeler.
Princess Beatrice, 31, married Count Edoardo “Edo” Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, 37, in an intimate ceremony in the grounds of Windsor Castle, among the closest of family and friends.
View this post on Instagram
Congratulations to HRH Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi! The couple were married in a small private ceremony at the Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, Windsor on Friday 17th July. . Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi celebrated their wedding with their closest family. . The happy couple are pictured with Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. . Princess Beatrice wore a vintage dress by Norman Hartnell and the Queen Mary diamond fringe tiara, both belonging to Her Majesty The Queen. The tiara was worn by Her Majesty on her wedding day in 1947. . Photograph by Benjamin Wheeler.
“The couple decided to hold a small private ceremony with their parents and siblings following the postponement of their wedding in May,” and due to the pandemic a maximum of 30 guests were allowed, taking place “in accordance with all relevant Government Guidelines” the palace said in their press statement.
Held at the Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge, Windsor (the residence of Prince Andrew), in attendance was the 94-year-old Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip, 99. And in a touching tribute, her grandmother the monarch, loaned Beatrice a beautiful dress from her archive along with a diamond encrusted tiara.
The dress was designed by the famed Norman Hartnell, a favorite among the women of the royal family and the blue-blooded (he designed Princess Margaret’s wedding dress too) and as such, Hartnell gained the Royal Warrant as Dressmaker to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother in 1940 and Royal Warrant as Dressmaker to Queen Elizabeth II in 1957.
On loan from the Queen’s personal archive, she originally wore this dress for the premiere of the Lawrence of Arabia film in 1962 in London, and in the ultimate in luxe sustainability, Beatrice recycled this elegant gown for her big day. It was remodelled and fitted for the Princess by Angela Kelly, the Queen’s Dresser, and the master of bridal couture Stewart Parvin.
Crafted from Peau De Soie taffeta in classic hues of ivory, it is trimmed with ivory Duchess satin and updated to now feature organza sleeves. Skimming the ankle, the romantic dress is encrusted with diamantés in a geometric checkered pattern to catch the light. Truly fit for a princess.
The loaning didn’t stop there, as Beatrice also donned, in true Princess style, a tiara of course. Specifically, she chose the Queen Mary diamond fringe tiara, which was worn by her granny on her own wedding day in 1947. Sweet.
The piece was initially made for Queen Mary by Garrard and Co. (now known as The House of Garrard) back in 1919. Reworked from a diamond necklace that was a wedding day gift from her mother-in-law, Queen Victoria there is much history with this exquisite tiara.
See their engagement photos on Edo’s Instagram page along with his loving caption, “You will never be alone my love, my heart is your home. Hand in hand, today, tomorrow and forever.”
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees
- Tems, Wizkid win at iHeart Radio Awards
- Speaker Alban Bagbin installed new sub-Chief of Awudome
- Employment Ministry cautions public against recruitment scam
- Angélique Kidjo says the Grammys ‘need diversity’
- Billionaire’s son admits role in death to BBC
- Livestream: Kamala Harris addresses Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- VGMA 2023: Kwabena Kwabena didn’t file for nominations – Manager
- US partnership with Africa is for mutual benefits – Kamala Harris
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Ecozoil educates Azizanya community on importance of life jackets
- Creed III actor Jonathan Majors charged with assault and harassment
- Cape Coast residents upbeat about Kamala Harris’ visit
- ICGC commended for sustained effort in bringing mental health issues to spotlight
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Kamala Harris meets Ghanaian creatives in Accra