Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank are expecting a baby in early 2021, Buckingham Palace has announced.
A post from the Royal Family’s account on Twitter confirmed the news and added the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are “delighted”.
And Eugenie, who is 10th in line to the throne, posted a photo of two tiny, furry slippers on her Instagram, teasing: “Jack and I are so excited for early 2021.”
The baby will be a ninth great-grandchild for the Queen, following the arrival of her eighth; the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.
But Eugenie’s parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah, the Duchess of York, will become grandparents for the first time.
The baby boy or girl will be born 11th in line to the throne, but will not be an HRH or hold a title.
This is because while their mother is a princess, their father has no title and so the child will be born down a female line, meaning they will be plain master or miss.
That would change if the Queen decides to intervene and give Mr Brooksbank – who is European brand manager for Casamigos Tequila, co-founded by George Clooney – an earldom or amends the rules.
Eugenie has been married to Mr Brooksbank for just under two years.
At the ceremony in October 2018, she chose to wear a wedding dress that showed her scar from childhood spinal surgery to correct scoliosis.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Government charged to mobilize domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Livestream: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra
Hospital consultation made easy using Bisa App
Tamale police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film