A Qatar Legacy Ambassador, Samuel Eto’o and Supreme Committee and Legacy delegation are visiting Cameroon, Senegal and Ghana – the sub-Saharan African countries competing in the FIFA World Cup Qatar – to engage with the Football Federations, football supporters and media.
This fan tour presents an opportunity to engage the passionate, vibrant African fans, who have been steadfast in their support of Qatar and celebrate the uniqueness of the first Arab World Cup.
Samuel Eto’o is a well-known, well-respected continental hero and a former player, his presence celebrates Africa, African teams and their fans and creates a narrative linking Africa to the tournament and Qatar as host.
For many teams and fans, it is the first time they have played in Qatar, therefore we seek to relay information about the country and the unique Qatar 2022 hosting concept, tournament readiness, accommodation, Hayya (fan ID), fan experience and other relevant topics.
The African legend is expected to be in Accra on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Whiles in Ghana, Samuel Eto’o and the Supreme Committee delegation will call on the President of the Ghana Football Association, Kurt Edwin Simeon-Okraku on Friday, August 19 in Accra to discuss issues of mutual benefit.
The former Inter Milan and Barcelona forward will be on the Morning show of Peace FM – hold some fan engagement programs and media activities at TV3 and Joy FM as part of the build-up to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 finals.
Find the full schedule in the attached file:
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Kuami Eugene grabs 2022 BMI London award
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼