The deplorable conditions of at the Kumasi circuit court 3 shows no sign of abating as court proceedings Tuesday was forcibly cut short due to rain.
The sitting judge could not bear the dripping water from the leaking roof and had to vacate her seat.
A wearisome leaking concrete roof wets her seat whenever it rains as one by one litigant are ushered into a small cubicle for a hearing to continue, albeit that room is also leaking.
Last Friday, Myjoyonline.com reported about the looming disaster as justice delivery at the Circuit Court 3 suffers because the building housing the court has become a death trap.
The top floor of the judges’ chamber that was hit by a fire incident eight months ago remains in disrepair.
In a quick response to the issue, the Judicial Service said "quotations have been evaluated for the selection of a contractor" and it is now "on the verge of signing an agreement with the successful contractor on Monday, October 10."
The successful contractor would then be introduced to the site for work to begin.
However, the situation persists on Tuesday as rainfall in the Ashanti Regional capital has once again delayed justice delivery.
A frustrated man who had a case pending in court who spoke to Joy New's Ashanti Regional correspondent, Erastus Asare Donkor said a lot of money paid as filing fees by aspiring parliamentary candidates has been taken to Accra, imploring authorities in charge to renovate to the court.
He says Kumasi deserves a court which is comparable the standard of the ones in Accra.
According to him, it is disgracing, to say the least, that a 21st-century court in Ghana would be in such a state adding it would drive away investors who have issues to settle in court.
“I hope that the Chief Justice and the relevant agencies will look at what is happening now and take a decision," he said.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM cards – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled
- Africa’s biotechnology heroes celebrated on OFAB Day