Residential facilities at Newmont’s Ahafo South Mines have been attacked by unknown assailants.
This comes barely 24 hours after police officers reportedly stationed at Newmont Mining Limited clashed with the youth at Kenyasi Number 2 in the Ahafo Region.
In that altercation, one person died and four others were left in critical condition.
In a media statement, Newmont stated that in a seemingly retaliatory action, “a group of people attacked the residential facilities of Newmont’s Ahafo South mine, putting the lives of employees and their families at risk, amidst looting and vandalizing of properties.”
“The relevant regulatory authorities have been notified of the incident, and Newmont is cooperating with the Police with their investigations,” it said.
Meanwhile, the company is working closely with security personnel who have been deployed to the scene to keep the situation under control.
Already, Newmont has reached out to the family and loved ones of the deceased and those injured from the Kenyasi No.2 incident.
“Newmont is saddened by the turn of events and sympathizes with the family and friends of the deceased and those injured,” the company stated.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA
- Engr. ERIC ATTA-SONNO: Is the Ghanaian Media still the Fourth Estate of the Realm?
- GEA, World Bank to support 150 PWD Enterprises with ¢12m to grow their businesses
- 2023 ECOWAS Festival: Queen Mother urges African leaders to use culture as a tool to achieve African unity
- People called me names for trying to extend law school to Kumasi – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- I laid the foundation for lawyers to be licensed in Ghana – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- World Environment Day: Ghana’s road medians turned spaces for garbage and weedy sand mounds
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Socialite Van Calebs criticises popular comedians for offensive jokes
- Tottenham reach agreement with Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou to become their new manager