Poor roads and collapsed bridges are major concerns for residents of the Oforikrom Municipality in the Ashanti Region.
Clad in red, the concerned youth of Oforikrom marched along the Anloga-Susanso road assisted by the police, making brief stops at some portions to highlight problems in the constituency.
Bridges constructed over huge drains within the municipality have deteriorated by floodwater claiming several lives.
The Concerned Youth of Oforikrom Constituency are worried about the risks associated with using the bridges.
Addressing the press, leader of the group, Jerry James Sukah, said the community is lagging behind in terms of development.
“Ladies and gentlemen, Oforikrom has over the years been lagging behind in terms of development. The constituency has been neglected for far too long and as citizens, we do not want to be spectators” he said.
The youth group described as unsatisfactory the performances of their Member of Parliament and Municipal Chief Executive Officer.
“Our member of parliament has performed woefully. His performance, hasn’t been encouraging. He has even refused to speak in parliament which is bad” he indicated.
Mr Sukah also shared the frustration of the youth group on the government’s controversial debt exchange program.
“This program will collapse businesses. The youth will have no future if this program takes effect. We are fully against it” he said.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa